Opening Facebook Links in Default Browser
By Default links in Messenger and Facebook will open in a limited browser. In this basic browser you can't bookmark links, save graphics or leave open tabs.... all things that you want to be able to do with links, classes and graphics on your website.
If you open links in your phones regular browser you'll have all those missing features available to you again.
- Open any link that is sent to you in messenger
- At the bottom of the window, click the 3 dots menu
- Choose Open in Safari or a different browser available there.
- Before clicking the link sent to you in messenger, while still in messenger click on your profile photo in the upper left (see screenshots below)
- Scroll down until you see "photos and media" and tap on it
- Toggle on the option to "open links in default browser"
- Click back and in messenger now open the link